Thursday, 18 June 2009

Week Twenty - Any 3 of these: Strawberry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Tangerine and Blackberry

A warm welcome back to all you followers of Colour Create and a very happy Thursday!

Thank you so much to everyone who joined us again for last week's challenge - as the weather gets a bit warmer we're seeing some very pretty, summery cards!

This week none of our team have stepped down and we have nobody new to introduce, however our Katy is having a rest and will hopefully be back to play along again next week ;o)

It's about time we invited someone to be our guest for July don't you think? We will pick somebody at random from the entries we receive this week and will then announce who our guest will be at the start of next week's challenge....... good luck everyone!

So when I was sitting having a think about a theme and some colours for this week's challenge I realised that the Wimbledon tennis tournament is about to start in the UK. Anyone who sits glued to this like me will know that it conjurs up thoughts of eating strawberries and cream or drinking Pimms and lemonade packed with summer fruits....... or even better both, lol! So that's the inspiration for our challenge - fruits. Choose ANY THREE of the following colours; Strawberry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Tangerine and Blackberry. We'd hate to think that you couldn't play along because you don't have quite the right shades of these colours, so a little bit of artistic licence is just fine.......... I suppose we're talking Red, Pink, Green, Orange and Black really, but don't they sound scrummy when you give them fruity names?!

Here is a picture to help you out a bit..........


















And now for the optional extra...... we're staying with the fruit theme for this one, so we would like you to incorporate fruits somewhere into your design, be it the papers, the image, the embellishments or the sentiment. Please remember that this isn't compulsory though and that you may combine our challenge with any other you feel like entering ;o)



GOOD LUCK!!!



Here are the Design Team cards for this week....



JO




DENA




CHRIS




DI




SHARON




TARA



















HEATHER




JULIET




TAB



MINA







Thanks for taking the time to visit our challenge.

We look forward to visiting you all to see your wonderful creations - have a great week! xxx

32 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow some stunning entries from the DT girls gosh you guys are talented even if I do not always get time to join in its always a pleasure to visit your blog to see what the girls have come up with love cheryl xxx

Cathy said...

Fab cards girls and great colour combination. Not sure if Mr Linky is working, so my card is here.
Thanks for looking
Cathy xx

jude said...

Great cards from dt , im also not sure wether mr linky worked .so heres my card
Here’s my entry
thanks judex

Faye said...

Great examples. So yummy. Fruit grows well in the southeastern US, so that's my theme.

HERE

Biscuitlid said...

Ooh yummy challenge, not sure where to leave my link this time so popped it here incase that Mr Linky is up to his old tricks!

Here are my cards

Victoria
x

Faye said...

I don't normally do "cute" but most of the entries on this challenge seem to be cute. So I dug into my stamps and found this mouse stamp my son gave me at Christmastime. I have added another card on my blog along with the earlier one.

Jennifer Stutzman said...

thanks for the challenge. it worked great with woj's new line.

Tova said...

Beautiful cards for this new combo !

Kr├╝mel said...

A beautiful theme - and I liked the optional extra also!
Just in case Mr. Linky is not working right again - here´s my card.
Thanks for looking!
Kathrin aka Kruemel

NatashaMay said...

Hi! Here is my entry. Thanks for looking.
x Natasha x

strawberry fields said...

fabulous DT cards
fiona x

Faerielore said...

I really enjoyed this one, i have added my card through Mr Linky, i just wanted to say thanks for the fab challenge and again the DT cards are all stunning xxx

Faerielore said...

You can go here to see my entry!

just incase mr linkys not working xxx

Littleted62 said...

Oooh, yummy colours! I've made a card for you, you can see it here. Thanks, Nicki.

joey said...

Hiya Ladies, beautiful creations loved this challenge :O) I have added to mr linky but hes either laying up or my name will pop up 20 times lol, but if it doesnt my card is here thanks for looking. Joey.xxx

Susan said...

Great cards form the design team again - had fun with these colour combinations!
Have left a entry in Mr LInky but just in case it doesnt work heres my card
Thanks for looking - SuzyX

Spicey Cat Chick said...

Just posted with Mr. L, but thought I'd do the comment as well (just in case he goes all wonky).

Cat’s Creation

LOVED the colors, I think I did more than 3. :o)

Sarah said...

Lovely DT cards and loving all the bright colours. I've added my card with Mr Linky seeing as everyone else is adding a link here i'll add one to... here it is!
Sarah xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the DT cards again,. they are stunning, Hazelxo

Steph said...

Absolutely fab colour combo, really enjoyed doing this!!

Here's mine!

Ruth said...

I loved seeing your great creations again this week.The colours were great to work with, Ruth x

Ruth said...

Oh just incaes Mr Linky is playing up here is my card, Ruth

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Lots of competition with the wonderful DT talent and other entries, you girls really made me think with this one. Keep up the good challenges.
Thanks,
Beverly Gotthardt

sugar n spice said...

Wonderful challenge, great DT cards.
My card is with Mr Linky
Suzi x

Liz, said...

Here is my card for this weeks great challenge. The DT cards are fab, as always.

Thanks for looking,

Liz x

Marja Sch said...

Wat a ovely colours challenge and great DT cards.

here is my card. Hugs Marja

Fern said...

Great challenge this week Girls,
I really enjoyed working with such a fab colour combo!
I have Mister Linkied Up! :O)
Fern xx

Elaine Stark said...

great DT cards, I'm not sure if Mr Linky worked so I will add my card here
Elaine

Linda said...

What beautiful cards you have all made!!
That fruit sure looks yummy.....delicious colors!!
I have loaded my card in Mr. Linky.

Amanda said...

Thanks for fab challenge. Love the colour choices!
Here is my entry.

Trimgym said...

Lovely challenge, great cards, difficult to fit with other things I wanted, but did it in the end. Hope you like my card.

Thank you for looking.

Love,

Jo.

Tanya said...

Wow-breathtaking work DT!!! My card is here:
http://www.tanyamsmith.blogspot.com/
with a cherry on top!