Thursday, 2 July 2009

Challenge 22 - Grassy Green, Apple Green, Sunflower Yellow, Lemon and White

Leavers, off we go again and more changes.

Hello everyone and welcome back! Before I tell you about this week's colours and theme, I have a few things to announce. Today is an important day for the Colour Create Challenge, so grab your cup of tea, settle into a comfy chair and join us in a roller coaster of
Changes.

Please stay with this until the end….things are not as bleak as they may at first seem.

Leavers
Firstly, I’m absolutely heartbroken to inform you that Tara has stepped down from running this challenge. She had the original idea for Colour Create, worked hard to pull it all together and has been the inspiration and driving force behind the challenge for the past 21 weeks. I’m sure you’ll all agree that she’s done the most amazing job and her talent will be sorely missed (but you will still see her around blogland). This was your baby Tara and everyone will be sad to see you leave but we wish you every happiness for the future and send an enormous ‘Thank You’ and big ‘Hugs’ your way for all you’ve done. Please don’t be a stranger!

Sadly there are more changes on the DT. We are losing 2 more uber talented members on top of the loss of Juliet that was announced last week. Tab has decided to take this opportunity to step down and this week will also be Katy’s last week with us. You two will leave a big hole in our DT ladies. It has been a pleasure and inspiration working with you and seeing your fantastic creations every week since the first challenge. We wish you happiness (and a well deserved rest).

Off we go again
Now the good news….the challenge lives on! The rest of the DT expressed a strong wish that Colour Create should carry on; isn’t that great? So a willing volunteer was agreed between us, and from now on I’ll be taking on the duties that Tara has been doing.

And Finally more changes,
Summer is well and truly upon us now, in case no-one has noticed :o) We all love to spend time in our gardens and with our families in the summer, don’t we? So, to avoid everyone getting a touch of meltdown in this hot weather we’ve decided to run a challenge once every two weeks, and that starts this week. So, you’ll all be able to enjoy the sun and your loved ones and still have time to enter the Colour Create challenge.

Phew! Still with us? I’d better set the challenge for the next TWO WEEKS. Here’s a picture to help those creative juices flow
The optional extra we’d like to see this week (and remember – it is OPTIONAL) is for you to decorate the inside of your card and the envelope too! Don’t worry – they won’t all be as involved as this because we’re going to throw in a few easier colour challenges along the way.

Please remember that you may combine our challenge with any other you feel like entering ;o)


GOOD LUCK!!!


Here are the Design Team cards for this week....


Katy






Di







Sharon




Chris





Jo is busy decorating her house at the moment, but she’ll be back with us for the next challenge.

We really hope that all you loyal followers will stay with us through all these changes. Here on the DT we want to keep this challenge running for you.

Thanks for taking the time to visit our challenge. We look forward to visiting you all to see your wonderful creations - have a great two weeks! xxx
Oh! I almost forgot. Tara and I haven't handed over the Mr Linky account yet, so please leave a comment with a link to your post for the time being and we'll have Mr Linky up and running as soon as we can.

35 comments:

jude said...

Sorry to see Tara and others leave,but so glad your carrying on!Great creations this week from DT will go away and have more time to play!thanks girls
judex

Suzette said...

Sorry to here about the DT's that are leaving, happy that Colour create still goes on, will go away and make my card and its a good idea to have it every two weeks. More time to play.

DT cards are amazing.

Hugs
Suzette

Lisa said...

Hi, Sorry that Tara, Katy and Tab are leaving. Think it is a great idea to have a challenge every 2 weeks. There are lots of weekly challenges.

Lisa x

Cathy said...

So glad to see you are carrying on, but sad to see some of you go.
Great colour challenge this time ... but no optional extra from me.
My card is here.
Thanks for looking.
Cathy xx

PatR said...

So pleased you've decided to carry on with the challenge despite all the changes. Good idea to make it 2weekly especially at this time of year. Keep up the good work oh and great DT creations

Lorraine A said...

Am sorry some of the DT are leaving buy glad that you are still continuing :-)
Fabulous crads from the DT and lovely colour scheme :-)

You can see my card here

Lorraine x

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Good Luck to all departing members,love your site, will be back with an entry, wishing you success with all the new changes.
Beverly Gotthardt

Christine said...

Sorry to see any DT member leaving & hope they have a good rest!!! can any woman..LOL very happy to see the challenge continues you ALL make STUUNNING CREATIONS ALWAYS
be back with my entry.

Hugs to all Christine xx

Cheryl said...

great cards again by the girls glad you are carrying on with the blog wishing all the seccess for all your hard work lots love cheryl xxxxx

cathscustomcreations said...

WOW I almost hate to leave my card in with these amazing artists.. anyhoo, here it is ! : http://cathscustomcreations.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/another-big-combo-yay/

Beverly Gotthardt said...

I forgot to take a picture of the inside, my cards a little different anyway, you may kick me off.
Here's my card
Thanks,
Beverly Gotthardt

jude said...

Have enjoyed this colour combo challenge as not often used these colours so made nice change thanks!have decorated inside & envelope.
Here’s my entry
judex

Michele said...

Sorry to hear that some of the DT had to step down but pleased that you're going to keep the challenge blog going. Gorgeous cards from the DT and lovely fresh colours this week.

Here's my entry. Hugs Michele x

Ruth said...

I'm sorry to hear that Tara,Tab and Katy are leaving..they will be missed!
Tara picked a top quality DT in the first place and I'm glad the others have decided to continue.I'm glad to know that the challenges will be every 2 weeks as I didn't like to miss but found it hard to fit everything into my week! Ruth x

Gillian said...

Lovely fresh colours.

here’s my entry

sugar n spice said...

So sorry that the girls are leaving, they will be missed. I am glad that the challenge carries on. Gorgeous DT cards. here is my entry
Suzi xx

Fern said...

Hi girls,
Sorry to here that three fantastic members of the team are stepping down, but pleased that you're still going to hold the CC challenge blog.
I really enjhoyed making
my card... the colour combo is great!
Stunning DT as usual.

Fern xx

Christine said...

Hi all as promised back with my entry HERES MY CARD amazing DT cards thanks girls...

hugs Christine xx

scrappyjan said...

OH girl's your DT cards are wonderful! here is my card

janny

Faerielore said...

Sorry to see the girls leaving :( but im sure they will be joining in every now and then xxx all the DT card are stunning as always heres mine ...

http://faerieworldcards.blogspot.com/2009/07/colour-create-challenge-card.html

Pascale said...

Here is mine Hugs Pascale

Karen said...

Gorjus combo and fabulous DT work.

my card is here .

Love Karen x

Maria Matter said...

change, change, change
Sorry to hear the sad new, but glad you'll still be about!

Your sidebar still reads Sunday challenges, might want to change that too. It caught me quite off guard when I saw a new challenge had been issued already! lol
I know the remaining DT will step up and continue to make this the fabulous challenge Tara started!
Blessings, Maria

Agus :) said...

Im sorry some of the DT are leaving...
Great colours! and thank you for the chance to play
here´s my card
AGus

Amanda said...

HI, I'm glad you are continuing with colour create, it is a terrific inspirational blog.
Amanda

Wilma said...

lovely cards and a super colour scheme - i just had to have a go - this is my first entry in your challenges but i am sure it wont be the last,

Nancy Sanders said...

Wonderful DT cards. Thank you for the inspiration

Nicky said...

Good Luck to those are that are having a break and I am pleased you are carrying on - Love the colours and the extra option this week - Here's my entry

Violets Corner said...

Sorry to see some of you leave, thanks for all your fab projects!
But I´m so glad that Colour Create will carry on and it´s a great idea to have it every two weeks!

Hugs
Maarit

Linda said...

So glad that you are going to continue with the challenges.
Beautiful cards by the DT!!
I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

aardvarkpest said...

Sorry to hear about the DT's leaving. Very happy that Colour Create continues. Great to have it every two weeks gives me more chance to enter.

Glenda

Susan said...

Sad news about DT but very pleased Colour Create continues, love your challenges
SuzyX

sugar n spice said...

Hi not sure if I'm allowed 2 entries, if not then please delete.
So glad you are still going to continue.
Suzi xx

missbliss said...

Just found the challenge and I love the color combo. My post for this one is up on my blog. I'm planning to do this challenge all the time so good luck on all the changes and keep up the great work :)

Ruth said...

Back again with my card .
Thanks for looking, Ruth x